[Diy_efi] small engine spark timing

don.broadus at exeloncorp.com don.broadus
Tue Nov 7 15:18:29 UTC 2006

A retard on start up might be some help. The flathead design of the Kholer really wont respond
to advance like an overhead valve head would. I have a Bolens with a OHV 16 HP Kholer.  The Case Hydraulic drive really lends itself to steady RPM on the Pump. I thought most of the Big Tire 444's were Onan twin powered.

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Steve Ravet
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 7:30 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] small engine spark timing

I'm now the proud owner of a 1987 Case/Ingersoll 444 garden tractor.
I'm giving it a much needed tuneup, which includes replacing the
condensor with a transistorized ignition module.  Well, that got me to
thinking about advance curves...  The points are driven by the camshaft
(single cylinder Kohler motor), and are kept to trigger the module.  The
module I'm buying won't have any advance but it wouldn't be that hard to
design one that did.  Can these little motors benefit from some kind of
advance?

thanks,
--steve

-------------------
Steve Ravet
ARM
steve.ravet at arm.com

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon
Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged,
confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Exelon
Corporation family of Companies.
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently
delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.
Thank You.