[Diy_efi] Any USB developers out there?

Torbjörn Forsman torbjorn.forsman
Fri Nov 10 17:01:21 UTC 2006

Texas Instruments has several microcontrollers with integrated USB
controllers that are popular for hobbyist projects. For example, the
TUSB3410.
When making high-speed or full-speed USB implementations, the circuit
layout between the controller's USB pins and the connector is critical.
It is also critical to follow the controller manufacturer's
recommendations regarding VCC decoupling, possibly separate ground plane
for the USB transceiver part of the controller and so on.
Make sure that the clock oscillator runs at the correct frequency with
maximum ?50 ppm error, use a newly calibrated frequency counter for the
measurement. It is a good idea to design in a oscillator testpoint with
a voltage divider, so the clock frequency can be measured without
disturbing the oscillator. Some USB controllers have a buffered CLKOUT
pin which can be used for a such measurement.

Best regards

Torbj?rn Forsman