[Diy_efi] Evaporative fuel injection: or why they all fail

Ben P benof1987
Sun Nov 26 23:57:04 UTC 2006

Hmm well that sucks...

And you said something about needing X identical vehicles... what about
targeting vehicles which have used the same parts in many models. I.e. the
inlet manifold bolt pattern and port spacing is the same in falcons from
1988 to current, and they have used the same inlet manifold from
1994-curent. If you were making inlet manifolds (which this evaporative
injection system will need) for cars like this, you wouldn't need a whole
lot of variety to sell a lot of manifolds.

Another option is developing this system for an overseas market. Ie if this
evaporative injection system was sold in america, the amount of potential
customers just drew dramatically, especially if you then target common
models/engines. ie how many americans want better fuel economy from their
350 chev powered vehicle? it has to be more people than want better economy
from their 4L OHC falcon...

just a couple of thoughts...

cya
Ben