[Diy_efi] Injectors Not Firing...

Clair Davis clair.davis
Mon Oct 9 01:47:48 UTC 2006

Got everything to the point that I could try to fire the old Plymouth up
today.  Everything SEEMS to work, except the injectors.  No gas smell in the
tail pipes or intake, no flashing on the noid light, I'm guessing the
injectors aren't injecting.

Here's what I know:
- #1 plug is firing on the early side of TDC
- spark is nice and regular (according to the timing light)
- there's over 40psi of fuel pressure at the regulator
- there's fuel in the rails
- the fuel pump relay is doing it's thing
- no fuses appear to be blown
- ECM is grounded to the engine block, and engine/chassis grounds are good

Here's what I don't know:
- does the ECM case need to be grounded? (assuming not)

I haven't hit my 1990 Camaro FSM yet, but I figured I'd better throw this
out to the masses anyway.  Anyone have a clue as to what's going on?  I
really think everything is pretty solid, from a wiring standpoint, and fuel
is obviously not an issue (other than the small leak at the pump, and the
fact that it's not getting in to the combustion chambers).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Clair