[Diy_efi] Cleaning a wire harness?

Dave Williams ronin
Tue Oct 10 21:07:30 UTC 2006

Mike wrote:

> Does anyone have a good way of cleaning a wire harness without damaging the wire and connectors. I don't want to use harsh chemicals or solvents on my harness but I would like to clean it, remove unused wires, then retape and replace the split loom.
> The harness is from a 91 GM Full size Van.

  A friend of mine has a jet cleaner in his engine shop.  I cut all the
tape off a harness with a razor blade, toss it in the jet cleaner, and
it comes out clean and non-sticky.  The cleaning chemical is basically
lye soap.

--
== http://www.bacomatic.org/~dw/index.htm
== http://autotech.freeforumhost.com/autotech.html