[Diy_efi] DataMaster "10k Ohm resistor modification?"

Rich Rubel rrubel
Fri Oct 13 02:22:12 UTC 2006

I'm trying to use the demo of TTS's DataMaster monitoring software on
my 86 Corvette (350ci, manual trans) and cannot get the ECM to sync
with the software.  On their website, there's a note that to use the
software one must perform the "10k ohm resistor modification" to the
ALDL interface.  However, nowhere does it actually say what that
modification IS.  I called their tech support and haven't heard back
from them yet.  Does anyone here have any ideas?  One person told me
to just put the resistor between terminals A & B on the ALDL port.
Tried that, and it didn't work.  However, my ALDL cable is a bit
different than most - instead of plugging into the socket and needing
a custom plug, it's a normal 9-pin serial cable hardwired into the
BACK of the interface.  Then another adapter is used to make the
signal readable by the laptop.  So it's possible that with my setup I
need the resistor between two lines on the cable instead... or
perhaps not.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
[RICHR]