[Diy_efi] Injector TESTER

d at davidhunt.net d
Mon Oct 30 15:05:44 UTC 2006

Bruce,

I'd be glad to port the hardware to a coldfire.

dh

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce A Bowling" <bbowling at earthlink.net>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 12, 2006 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Injector TESTER

> Hi Chris,
>
> I was not aware that the processor was getting hard to get. I know that
the part has migrated to a lead free part number (mc68hc908jl3ecp), the
original part number is not available. I did check Digi-key and I do see
that they do not stock very many of these.

> The processor is old and there are billions of better, cheaper solutions
that could work here. The whole FI tester is interesting in that I get about
3 emails a month from people looking to duplicate this circuit, looking for
PCBs and programmed processors. I never really put much thought into making
an updated version - I was under the impression that there was not much of a
demand for this.  If there is interest then I could spend an afternoon and
port the code over to another processor and post an updated version Any of
the HC08 or HCS08 processors would be an easy code swap, the timers are
identical, just need to be adjusted for changes in bus frequency.