[Diy_efi] Misfire

David Long daweil
Fri Sep 22 21:01:26 UTC 2006

Hi,

  New to the list...

  I have an Haltech E11v2 working with my VG30DETT on 5bar map sensor. Everything was fine until recently it developped strange problem. It's been frustrating trying to find it. I hope someone can give me some pointers.

  When the car is idling, the TPS can not be opened over 40%. And if I open the throttle slowly, the engine will go up to about 5500-6000rpm. In both cases, from that point the AFR will shoot up to more than 20:1. And the motor oil has the gas smell. It is almost like the spark was blowing out during those two conditions.

  I first thought it's the TPS. I replace it with 2 used ones, no help and TPS calbration seems to be fine. I cleaned the CAS, TPS and temp sensor connectors, the fuel pressure is good, the ignition coils are good and fire good sparks when I cranked the car, the intake and exhaust system have no clogs, the rpm signal is good when the problem occurs. When I remove the CAS and rotate the CAS shaft manually, the injectors click and the spark plugs fire. I also check there is no leaks from the injectors.

  It's driving me nuts. What else could it be? Thanks in advance!