[Diy_efi] Is E85 worth it?

Ian Molton spyro
Sat Sep 2 18:32:31 UTC 2006

WSCowell at aol.com wrote:

> Bio diesel is cheaper than diesel from petroleum, lubricates the engine and
> injection pump better and kicks out greatly reduced emissions of all the nasty
>  stuff:  NOx, S, CO and the harmful carcinogens and particulates.  The  best
> thing is it is totally carbon-neutral - it only puts back into the  atmosphere
> the carbon the plant took out in the first place.  Performance  is totally
> unaffected.

I was under the impression that biodiesel caused issues for some IPs?
too thick to pump or something? Either way I'd like your source on that
as it sounds like you're pretty clued up on biodiesel and I'd like to
know more.

> Poor performance from a diesel?  Wake up and smell the  coffee!

Absolutely!  (btw, my last mileage figure as of today... 68.1MPG over
the last 200 miles :-)) now if I could just work out why its smoking
when its working hard, I'd be sorted (bet its burnt injectors)