[Diy_efi] Using GM '747 to control TCC lockup only

Geoff Harrison geoff_h
Tue Sep 12 01:29:07 UTC 2006

The 700R4 has 2 internal switches, connected in series, such
that when
the fluid temp is up to normal, and the transmission is in 4th
gear, ground
is sent back to the GM ECU.

Take that lead, feed it to a delay of say 5 seconds, (to stop
the clutch engaging
as it shifts into 4th) override that with a signal from the
brake light switch (to drop
the clutch out so as not to pull RPM below idle speed at low
road speeds)
and control the TCC solenoid. The only advantage of using
manifold vacuum
would be to allow the TCC to disengage prior to the transmission
shifting from
4th down to 3 gear.

Just my 2c worth

Geoff