[Diy_efi] Using GM '747 to control TCC lockup only - Again MANY MANY THANKS

David M. Ingebretsen dingebre
Thu Sep 14 21:23:27 UTC 2006

	Thanks again. This is a great list and I appreciate all who chipped
in advice and suggestions.

_______________________________________

David M. Ingebretsen, M.S., M.E.
Collision Forensics & Engineering, Inc.
2469 East Fort Union Boulevard, Ste 114
Salt Lake City, UT 84121

801 733-5458
dingebre at 3dphysics.net

__

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Milosz Kardasinski
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 4:17 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Using GM '747 to control TCC lockup only

What I have seen in some applications is the use of a vacuum sensor
connected to ported vacuum. You'd have
to set the switch point to whatever you feel is the appropriate vacuum
threshold...but all the sensor does is ground
out, which engages the TCC below a certain vacuum setting. Some also connect
a switch in series to turn off TCC
whenever the brake pedal is depressed.