[Diy_efi] Haltech Data Logging

Cad Company Support support
Wed Sep 20 19:33:31 UTC 2006

The generic drivers at download.com, etc seem to work on mine. PNY didn't
offer win98 drivers anymore last time I looked (the day MS said no more
support, many companies yanked the driver downloads). The ones I downloaded
previously caused ugly conflicts, but the generic ones are smaller, lighter,
and seem to work. Note that on some 98 machines (probably certain add in USB
boards as well as non-SE versions) you will have to have the drive plugged
in when you boot, as 95 and pre-SE 98 are not fully hot swap compatible,
along with some cheaper/ older add in cards.

2 other thoughts:
Install something like cutePDF. On an XP machine, you select it as the
default printer, and select the settings to save the file without prompt,
and it will intercept print output from DOS and give you a PDF file that
looks exactly like the printed page does (usually). Some DOS programs
require more fiddling with settings than others, but basically, you are
printing to a graphical image file in PDF format.

Contact HALTEC and find out what their DB format is (chances are it is
something standard, as writing proprietary DB code is expensive, and in this
case would be of no advantage). Actually, chances are good that the XP
version of Excel can figure it out and import it automatically.
Unfortunately, that feature is usually only installed if you do the custom
installation, dig through levels of menus, and check the check box during
the installation. There are freeware programs that are even more versatile
and output comma delimited files from almost any DB format you input. Point
being, I got the impression you wanted to do more than have a digital copy
of the printout - graphics files, screen output files, or electronic copies
of the printout are not analyzable data, where a file you can open in Excel
can be sorted and analyzed.

Chris