[Diy_efi] Firing injectors

dustin allmaras PrecisionFuelInjection
Mon Sep 25 17:39:19 UTC 2006

My apologies for not following up all the great responses I received to my flowbench questions a month or so ago. I've been busy, Life happens. I think the most appealing solution for me was to use a 555 timer circuit with a pot to adjust the cycle time and some additional circuitry to make it work with both high and low impedance injectors.

I have enough electronics knowledge to get me into trouble. I put a megasquirt together, that's about the limit of my abilities. Can anybody suggest a schematic for a 555 based circuit with all the goodies to fire both high and low impedence injectors? The circuit would have to be robust enough to fire 8 injectors simultaneously. Thanks again for all your thoughts.

Dustin