[Diy_efi] injector duty cycle vs VE table data

Charles Woock atomic
Wed Aug 8 03:36:07 UTC 2007

I am assuming there is a direct, linear relationship between the VE table data (with all the other fuel tables added in) and an injector's duty cycle... What I am trying to figure out is if a max VE entry of 100 is the same as 100% duty cycle or if the ecm does some sort of calculation and equates a VE entry of 100 to 80% on the injector (since most injectors are rated to 80% duty cycle).

Another way to look at this question is; can you overdrive an injector by using VE data that is too high, like a value of 100?  I am guessing that there is someone out there with a test bench who has already tested this question.  Thanks in advance.

Charles