[Diy_efi] GM Fuel Pump / Tank Options

J M galaxiecustom500
Mon Aug 27 06:03:04 UTC 2007

That would be plenty thick enough.

For the fitting mcmaster part number 9580K35.  Could
probably find a similar item at any TSC, Lowes, home
Depot, local hardware store with a decent selection of
plumbing supplies.

Couple other options pn 2808K45	 or 2808K46 barbed
fittings made of polyethylene.

All the plastic tanks I've seen inside were just black
like the outside.  Just from early/mid 90's caprices,
and a '84 dodge van.

My guess would be some variation of "Teflon."  Some of
the newer fuel hoses use it as a layer to help keep
gasoline fumes in for lower emissions.  Usually a
viton core, steel or nylon braid, teflon, then an
outer rubber jacket.

Don't remember what model plymouth you were working
on.  If it has the spare tire well in the middle of
the trunk floor... Maybe just take the spare tire well
out alltogether, put in a flat load floor, then get a
caprice/impala gas tank.  The filler neck is in the
middle behind the license plate.  Would probably need
to add a little filler neck tunnel at the back of the
trunk.  But you'd be able to delete the gas door on
the side of the car.

I do have some pictures of the caprice tank's sending
unit opening, no measurements though.  Again 3.5 or so
inch opening sounds about right maybe the camaro
sending unit would drop right in.  Or a little more
work and you could put the camaro pump on the caprice
sending unit.  Just trying to make more work for you,
haha.

Jason

checkout: http://buckeyebullet2.blogspot.com/