[Diy_efi] fuel tank fittings

Tim.VanSetten at l-3com.com Tim.VanSetten
Wed Aug 29 13:35:26 UTC 2007

Years ago I added another "Hole" to a gas tank.  The tank was steel, but
what a friend showed me is that most are tinned.  I cut the hole out of
another steel tank with a little extra flange around it, then cut a hole
in the 2nd tank, then used a giant 200 watt electric soldering iron and
just soldered the new hole in.  Worked great, no leaks, no sparks.  I
did have a shop vacuum blowing air through it so no fumes could collect
and possibly ignite.  Just an idea to pass on.....Tim.