[Diy_efi] fuel tank fittings

wdsmith mediasmith
Wed Aug 29 18:29:47 UTC 2007

Right in many cases.
It depends on the plastic. Some are not at all receptive, some are a bit
reluctant and others almost make it seem easy.
I often think a Ph.D. in materials science would be a big help.
One thing I didn't mention is all plastics that are receptive should be
"Veed" to full thickness  because of the problems you mention.
I'm guessing here but maybe the commercial units use such a small iron
is to slow down the progress giving the HAZ more time to widen?????

Double right on being wary while working on a potential future bomb.
I'm not familiar with plastic automotive tanks.
Some of us po' folk still drive an old Chevy truck with side saddle
steel tanks.
And, yes, I am careful about cross traffic.<G>