[Diy_efi] Data Logger CPU schematic and C for review

Jean Belanger jean
Sun Feb 4 03:16:37 UTC 2007

I've been following this thread with interest. Even though I don't need this
at the moment, I'm interested to see where it ends up and I might be able to
help at some point. Comments below.

I think this is a good idea but this a case where a CAN bus would be of use.
Also, you would still need to connect any crank and cam sensor directly to
the MCU, of course. And unless the communications between the MCU and the
data logger can be kept well synchronized and/or very fast, you may want to
either connect sensors such as MAP, MAF, and TPS to the MCU or keep track of
their rate of change on the data logger and transmit that to the MCU to
handle acceleration/deceleration fuel and spark changes.

What would also be interesting would be the ability to directly drive analog
gauges. Since a lot of people lose some or all of the dash gauges when going
to a non-OEM MCU, it would be nice to be able to restore this functionality.
I don't know exactly how this would be done and it certainly is dependent on
the vehicle but some type of PWM or stepper motor controller would cover
some cases.

Regards,
Jean