[Diy_efi] Data Logger CPU schematic and C for review

Ian Molton spyro
Mon Feb 5 01:36:09 UTC 2007

Robert W Hughes wrote:
I think most manufacturers are using something like this in
> their panels now to cut down on wiring and connector pin count.

Im going to design some tiny surface mount i2C boards with link-settable
ID selection. these I am going to use to drive the rear light clusters,
and pretty much anything else electrical in the car (blower motor etc)

the board will have tracking to add open circuit detection on the lamp
driver outputs, and be able to report this condition back to the dash
module.

this means I have to run a 12V bus, clock, and data to the rear of the
car, and the same to the front.

it also means I get a nice low loss (thick conductor) feed to the headlamps.

I recon controlling every light in the car with just 3 wires is pretty
sweet.