[Diy_efi] Data Logger CPU schematic and C for review

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Mon Feb 5 10:37:24 UTC 2007

--- Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

> Is there a good document about CAN somewhere? I'd
> like to know how fast it is, among other things...

As fast as the fastest variant of I2S, I believe.

Check details here:

<http://www.interfacebus.com/Design_Connector_CAN.html>
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controller_Area_Network>
<http://www.kvaser.com/can/protocol/main.htm>
<http://www.mjschofield.com/>
<http://www.canbus.us/>
<http://www.atmel.com/products/CAN/>

(Atmel offers an 80C51 with built-in CAN -- this might
make a useful co-processor in addition to adding CAN
capability, at a price that is probably not much more
than using a standalone CAN interface chip)

Here's a page with CAN implementations for developers
as well as discussion of RTOS -- this guy might be
handy to make quick work of interfacing via CAN under
RTOS:
<http://hem.bredband.net/stafni/developer/frames.htm>

Also, there's Bosch's page, as they were the ones who
developed the standard and the initial hardware:
<http://www.semiconductors.bosch.de/en/20/can/index.asp>

Lastly, there's an open-source implementation that
might be of interest:  <http://www.canopen.us/>

I probably have some data sheets and technical papers
on CAN implementation hanging around somewhere.  If
you can't find something you need on the subject, let
me know.

| Kawasaki Zephyr 615 (Daphne)       Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Velma)|
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |