[Diy_efi] PCB layout/circuit design

WSCowell at aol.com WSCowell
Mon Feb 26 17:56:01 UTC 2007

In a message dated 26/02/2007 02:39:43 GMT Standard Time, steve at donegan.org
writes:

We have  a 1 farad - ie 10x or more your need in front of this
already  :-)

This is what we used to call a SuperCap.  It's way too large to do the
important job of decoupling fast RF transients on the supply lines.  Little  and
often is a good maxim in PCB design when it comes to distributed decoupling
caps.  But yes, there should be a decent size (value) cap to provide LF
decoupling as well - hence the "many 100n, one 100uF" idea.

One supercap will NOT do the job the other little ones could do.

Good luck.

Will C