[Diy_efi] RE: layout/circuit design

James Holland j_holland
Mon Feb 26 19:24:09 UTC 2007

> James,
>     You said "all ICs should have at least a100uF cap as close as
> possible to the supply " do you mean 100nF?

I hang my head in shame, what a load of rubbish. Yep that was a typo, I
meant 100nF. When I said 'at least' I had a mental image of the frequency
response. I really meant 'with at least the frequency response of a 100nF
cap'. Of course a 100uF in parallel is good too, it will give good low
frequency decoupling while the impedance of the 100nF is still relatively
high. More than a 100uF of capacitance is usually unnecessary unless you're
paralleling caps to meet ripple specs.
Cheers
James