[Diy_efi] RE More ECU progress

Steven P. Donegan steve
Wed Feb 28 13:58:47 UTC 2007

Ian is in fact keeping his eye on 2 stroke applications. He is the one
working on the crank trigger area which will likely be hardware (ie
CPLD/FPGA). At most I would expect potentially a single set of inputs to
that logic that would be jumper or software selectable (I prefer the
latter) to give the logic the profile of what it is trying to measure.

The ION power supply/current mirror/ADC design, while fairly 'simple' in
the electronics sense is only up to usage at the moment with a scope - I
do have quite a few ION documents and papers including what you provided
Adam and will likely spin the more sophisticated closed loop usage of
ION data to a separate group - hopefully one with far more impressive
math skills than myself :-) And I am extremely interested in exploring
the entire envelope of ION+wideband O2+ouija board for efficiency all
the way to maximum HP.

I will be making slight (if any are required) changes on the ECU design
to support greater temperature range components. The power supply for
that board already is about 2x hardened over what Megasquirt uses (or
any other auto based DC supply I've seen to date). The preliminary
design data should be available on the web site after the coming weekend
assuming I have some time to work on it. Sometimes that daily job just
intrudes too much on hobbies :-)