[Diy_efi] Project/temperature ranges

Bill Shaw b.shaw
Wed Feb 28 14:03:48 UTC 2007

I've recently been through a similar thing.  When sourcing parts for a
project I was trying to use automotive grade components,  since this box
is getting installed in vehicles.  The automotive grade of the
microprocessors I used have about a 4 month lead time,  and this device
needs to be in production now.  The factory rep suggested that I just
use the commercial grade parts and don't worry about it.  He said the
parts are all manufactured the same,  the higher grades are just
screened for their temperature performance and the failure rate is very
low. In a non-critical application like this the commercial stuff should
be fine.

hth, ymmv,

Bill