[Diy_efi] RE: Project/temperature ranges

James Holland j_holland
Wed Feb 28 18:29:34 UTC 2007

> It seems like there are no simple standardized temperature ranges for
> electronic components today, one must read the fine print of each
> datasheet

That is very true. There are also a number of components out there with
rather dubious temperature claims. I have seen a number (mainly optos) that
claim in big bold letters +85 or similar. The derating curves inside the
datasheets show that the maximum allowable power dissipation at +85 is
zero!!