[Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

Tom Visel five10man
Thu Jan 4 18:53:50 UTC 2007

Those OEMs that moved the regulator to the fuel tank did it for
evaporative emissions control reasons - less heat in the tank means
fewer vapors to deal with.  This is the same batch of deep thinkers that
brought us oxygen sensors after the catalytic converter(s) for measuring
catalyst efficiency.  If the "Donegan ECU" isn't going to be OBD-II
compliant (or did I miss something) why bother to have the extra two
oxygen sensor inputs?  The poor OEMs only have them so they can
guarantee to the EPA that they have a way of measuring catalyst
degradation since all emissions systems have to be monitored.
TomV