[Bulk] Re: [Bulk] [Diy_efi] Steve Ravat, CX 500 EFI?

Steven P. Donegan donegan
Fri Jan 5 17:00:11 UTC 2007

At the moment all I've done is the input board - which ends up being
about 2.9x2.3 inches the CPU board is about that size - so total real
estate at the moment is roughly 2.5x6 inches - I expect the output
driver boards to be like 1x6 each - so a rough guess right now would
make the overall dimensions in the 5x6 or perhaps 6x6 range - and other
than case/heat sinks etc I would expect no more than 1 inch deep - so
worts case figure 2 inches deep by 6 inches square, not huge but not
tiny either. For space constrained applications I could do the design in
surface mount but that would mean it gets fabbed 100% by a vendor and
that probably means cost...

If I do a version of this just for motorcycles I can goal seek for small
size - my current goal is to fit my Z28 Camaro (1998) and my 1985
Mustang (B&M supercharged carb'd engine at the moment - and carb is
really crummy for that application). If I do a bike version it will be
with the goal to fit exactly where my EFI computer fits now on my 2004
Dyna...

Is the CX 500 the Honda V-Twin of old?