[Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

bearbvd at mindspring.com bearbvd
Sun Jan 7 05:49:37 UTC 2007

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Steven P. Donegan donegan at donegan.org
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 10:40:53 -0800
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

 > On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 12:23 -0600, cobraman at insightbb.com wrote:
> > > My "Edelbrick" ProFlow has fuel pressure controlled with
> > engine vacuum. On track sessions on very hot days, the fuel in
> > the rails will boil under hard braking - accelerator closed (low
> > fuel pressure). When you finally step on it (52 psi), nothing
> > happens until the vapor "recirculates" or is expelled.
> > Usually takes a second or so.  I don't think dead heading
> > would do any better - probably just need to keep a constant fuel
> > pressure.
> > > IMHO, hot fuel should give better economy - easier to vaporize
> > - for those green members.  TomS
> > >

> > > ld
> > However this
> > way

First-- plumb the rails as with any 'two phase' (gas/liquid) piping system.
Industrial refrigeration piping practice is a good example. Injectors
pointed downward--where you want liquid. Uniform slope to one high point,
so that no vapor is 'trapped' anywhere but at the high point. Finally--put
a fixed size bypass/return orifice--about a .045" Holley jet will do
FINE--at the HIGH point. It's utterly astounding how FAST a LOT of vapor
will go through an orifice that size !!

Greg

http://mail2web.com/ .