[Bulk] Re: [Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

Ian Molton spyro
Tue Jan 9 00:11:00 UTC 2007

Steven Donegan wrote:
> The hardware portion is simple - a current mirror and high voltage supply. The software may have to be done by individuals for their own non-profit use as ion sensing for the purpose of engine optimization appears to be a patented idea. Anyone want to ask the patent holders how they would feel about hobbyist use of their patented ideas?
>
> Daniel Nicoson <A6intruder at myo-p.com> wrote: Please tell us more about your ion sensing system...

Im not sure hobby usage would violate a patent - its not like you'd be
in competition or making money off it.

your ECU is very appealing to me on the grounds that I like ARMs.

got any idea on fab prices?

also I'd prefer mine to be non-modular for reliability reasons - I want
to do it surface mount and lacquer the board after assembly, once its
tuned and ready.

got schematics in a format tht can be edited with open source tools ?