[Bulk] Re: [Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder
Tue Jan 9 02:58:28 UTC 2007

Your only threat to the patent holders is if you start up a commercial
venture using their ideas.  The actual concepts are in their patent and well
know by others, the hard part as you must know by now is making those
concepts into reality.

What is the patent number?  I'd like to look it up.

I'm curious if all the commercial users are actually operating under "this"
patent?  Its amazing how many ways you can engineer around a patent for
commercial purposes.  Also, its amazing how many patents cover the same
general area.

I think Harley already uses ion sensing ignition on their newer bikes.  I
think BMW on their cars at least.  Who else has it in production?

There was another home-brew effort out there a while back but I haven't seen
any final DIY version yet.

A few links:
http://www.fs.isy.liu.se/~larer/ISIS/Doc/NieEri_1998_CSM.pdf
http://www.fs.isy.liu.se/~larer/ISIS/
http://www.fs.isy.liu.se/~larer/Projects/main.html

Of course the Megasquirt guys were working on this too, don't think they've
finished anything either.

Wish I was smart enough and had enough time...

I can solder <ha>!

Later,

Dan Nicoson