[Diy_efi] Donegan ECU

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Jan 11 03:01:01 UTC 2007

--- Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

> Having a failure mode where a fuel pump could be
> pumping large volumes of fuel into a burning cockpit
> in a crash sounds like a really bad idea to me...

I'm assuming that under racing rules, the "surge tank"
would be required to be a regulation fuel cell of some
variety to prevent such an occurrence.  I'm also
assuming that any emergency shut-off for the vehicle
would kill power to the in-tank pump as well.

If there's room, and you can insulate it properly
against engine compartment heat, there's no reason you
couldn't put the "surge tank" in front of the firewall
(assuming front-engine here, as a rear- or mid-mounted
engine would be fine with plumbing directly to the
fuel rail to obtain a physically short fuel delivery path).

| Kawasaki Zephyr 615 (Daphne)       Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Velma)|
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |