[Diy_efi] injecting 5 port head

Tom Visel five10man
Sat Jan 13 18:28:55 UTC 2007

Has anyone considered poppet-type injectors like GM's 5.7l Vortec truck
engine?  With their relatively small diameter at the nozzle end, they
could be placed right near the valve, perhaps eliminating shared fuel
problems.  It might be simply a matter of making a sheet metal bracket
that sandwiches in between the manifold and head like the gasket, and
extends into the port to hold/aim the nozzles.  The pipes for the
nozzles run to some convenient place in the manifold where the actual
injector bodies sit with their electrical and fuel connections.
TomV