[Diy_efi] OT - Measuring less than an ounce

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder
Mon Jan 15 20:09:42 UTC 2007

Everyone, thank you for all the suggestions.  Sunday we did the balance
method in our basement with a home brewed balance beam.  My daughter was a
little pissy at first but once we started "making stuff" she 'got it' and
made some good suggestions actually saving us some time.

The resulting small quantity was VERY few grains of this fertilizer.  Should
be interesting.

Thanks,

Dan Nicoson

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Andrew Hopton
Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 1:36 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] OT - Measuring less than an ounce

I know this is bit belated, and I see you've already had some good
advice - here's my 5c worth - Try talking to her science teacher -
he/she should have already had/solved this issue.  At the very least,
the school should have a Metzler balance (or similar) in the Chem lab
which should be accurate to .01 gram (maybe better) (1 ounce = 28.35
grams IIRC, so .0213 oz = .604g)

Cheers.