[Diy_efi] OEM Air Temp Sensors - Quality

Carter Shore clshore
Wed Jan 17 02:27:35 UTC 2007

Daniel Nicoson <A6intruder at myo-p.com> wrote:

> David Allen,
>
> Do you have any comments on typical air temp sensors
> used by Ford?  I am
> contemplating adding some temp sensors before and
> after my turbo.  I was
> thinking of the standard Ford sensor as already used
> by my Mustang.
>
> Any experience with these?

Apologies for jumping in, I'm sure David will have
some better practical advice and information to add.

The Ford sensor is a thermistor RTD.
It's quite robust, and simple to interface.
There is a published Resistance vs Temp graph, and you
can easily calibrate an individual unit to greater
accuracy.

AFAIK, the same basic unit is used for both air and
coolant, the wet one has the RTD sealed for
protection.

Carter Shore