[Diy_efi] Flap-type Airflow Meters

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Wed Jan 24 05:21:38 UTC 2007

--- "Steven P. Donegan" <steve at donegan.org> wrote:

> I am adding an RS-232 port to the MAF interceptor so
> folks can customize this mapping any way they wish.

I was actually hoping for separate tables, one for the
actual conversion numbers and one for "trimming"; that
way you can set the device back to "zero" (same
response as the stock flapper) without needing to
re-load the calibration.

FWIW, I intend to write software for your box that'll
let you wire both the MAF and the flapper at the same
time, so you can put the MAF before the flapper and
then just data-log and build a conversion table for
your particular flapper from that.  Should be
relatively simple to do, and I could even have it
automagically make the finished table for use in the
working converter device, saving a lot of muss and fuss.

| Kawasaki Zephyr 615 (Daphne)       Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Velma)|
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |