[Diy_efi] Timing table change needed with CR increase?

Frey, Richard K rfrey
Tue Jan 30 17:33:44 UTC 2007

Keep the compression ratio and add boost :)  Its perfect for streetable
boost.

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of Clair Davis
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 9:19 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Timing table change needed with CR increase?

Be sure to check valve-to-piston clearance as well, as you won't be able
tune your way out of that situation...

Upping compression is one of the best things you can do to an engine
built
to smog specs.  I would guess you could get away with a full point
increase,
perhaps even 10:1 if you get the spark tables sorted out and aren't
afraid
to run pump premium.

Clair