[Diy_efi] Warm start problem

Bill Washington bill.washington
Mon Jul 23 01:42:08 UTC 2007

Greg,
    In my case I do not know when the pump died, but when I removed it
the copper on the commutator was completely worn away - how it had run
that long I do not know!

Also in my case the high pressure pump was able to draw sufficient fuel
from the tank most of the time the crunch was: hot weather + sustained
Highway speeds (one hour +) + low fuel in the tank ..... remove any one
of those variables and everything worked fine! ie the problem occurred
mid afternoon, but by late afternoon when the temperature had dropped 5
degrees the problem went away.......likewise, slow down, or fill the
tank and the problem was not observed ....
Bill