[Diy_efi] One wire o2 sensor to four wire sensor

Mike Hudson sonoma
Sat Jun 2 22:22:12 UTC 2007

Hi
My setup is a full TBI system from a 91Chevy G20 including TBI intake and HD TBI cylinder heads sitting on a 83 350/5.7 block.
A 3 wire oxygen sensor doesn't have a wire for sensor ground, it uses the o2 sensor body for the ground return path.

I welded in a bung for the o2 just below the connection between the exhaust manifold and the exhaust pipe. The ground for the o2 sensor would have to go through that connection which is not the cleanest ground path. That's why I would like to go with the four wire.

The 4 wire has one wire for: o2 ground, o2 signal, heater positive and heater ground.

I was thinking of using something like a AC ASF-75 or NTK 21006(Narrow band)

Will the output from the 4 wire o2 output the same voltage at the same AFR as the 1 wire sensor (Narrow band) ???

Does anyone know which year and model vehicle the ASF-75 was used on?

Thanks...