[Diy_efi] RE More ECU progress

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Thu Mar 1 06:22:28 UTC 2007

--- Ian Molton <spyro at f2s.com> wrote:

>> woo...hoo.... that means I could potentially use
>> your ecu for the "stroked" rotary im designing.

> If you do, I wanna see it run ;-)

Hells yes.  We should possibly have a discussion board
on the project website at some point, for mutual
experience with installations, a designer's corner for
those who want to discuss hardware implementations
(after we get a few basic modules up and running,
perhaps we should post an API?), etc.  And an adjunct
of that could be people posting videos of their
vehicles running with the system, or demonstrating
functionality (you could make a movie of a timing
light on a running engine with closed-loop spark
timing, shoot some water in the intake, and see the
ion sensing unit advance the timing, allowing it to
retard after the water cleared out of the intake
system).

I'm going to use this ECU, hopefully with closed-loop
spark, on the EFI conversion for my motorcycle, and if
I still have it (or have gotten another one), on my
'85 RX-7 GSL-SE (I would probably start off using it
with stock sensors and a stock or 2nd gen intake
manifold/TB); on the RX-7 I will try to implement a
water injection system to allow leaner running and
improved fuel economy all around.

To say I'm quite jazzed about this project is an
understatement.  :D

| Kawasaki Zephyr 615 (Daphne)       Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Velma)|
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |