[Diy_efi] Interceptor/ECU progress

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Sun Mar 11 16:57:53 UTC 2007

--- "Steven P. Donegan" <steve at donegan.org> wrote:

> As usual (being an Engineer) I have kept looking for
> the 'ideal' components for the ECU design - the
> Interceptor job is simpler so it's not quite as
> 'critical'.

I got my GM MAF the other day, so I am ready to start
data logging when the boards are ready.  Shoot me an
email when you have one ready to go.  :)  I can get
you details on the pinout and use of the various bits
inside the flapper if that'll help, too.  Can we find
a way to get the box to burn off the junk on the hot
wire MAF after key-off?  I think that all hot wire
MAFs from the past 10 years or so have that feature
built in to the ECU, and it would be helpful if we
could handle that with the MCU.  I'm really jazzed
about the flapper replacement project, and am eager to
start data logging.  :D

> it has most of what I would ideally like to have -
> so this week I believe I will attempt to design my
> first surface mount circuit board using 3 of these
> chips.

Cool.  :D  I am really digging the amount of
processing power and ADC channels we can fit into a
small space without it costing an arm and a leg.
Maybe eventually I can start working on some runtime
code to allow the ECU to work like current-gen OE
units; they actually have a mathematical model of the
engine and its behavior, and fuel based on what the
model outputs.  Seems to give much finer control over
power and emissions, and it would be incredibly cool
to be able to play around with that stuff without
having to work for a university or a Tier 1.  :D

| Kawasaki Zephyr 615 (Daphne)       Kawasaki Zephyr 550 (Velma)|
| M/C Fuel Inj. Hndbk. @ Amazon.com -  http://tinyurl.com/6o3ze |