[Diy_efi] Scan Tools

Daniel Nicoson A6intruder
Tue May 29 12:35:21 UTC 2007

I bought the Autoenginuity system for work on my two 5 series BMW's.  I paid
for the BWM specific stuff and it works fine.  I haven't tried the generic
Ford version yet on my 1994 Mustang.  The Mustang never seems to have too
many "code problems".

Jay from Autoenginuity is VERY good to work with.  I badgered him over
Thanksgiving weekend last fall and he helped me get straightened out via
cell phone and email.  I was pulling logs in my driveway, emailing them to
him on the spot and he would send an updated program to me within a half
hour.  I wouldn't expect that response all the time but helped me out in a
pinch.  It turned out the module on my BMW was newer than the car and I
simply had to select the newer year for the module to be properly
recognized.  He was hoping to incorporate an automatic module-age lookup
routine...

Anyway, a positive experience for me.

Dan Nicoson

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]On
Behalf Of Matt Peacock
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 1:25 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Scan Tools

Jay's stuff at autoenginuity is awesome. It does some stuff (oem level) they
don't list on their site. It just went up 25% in the last few months (it was
about time thought).  He's really offering alot for imports too! Autotap is
also a good product. Ease is very competitive too.

For a cost stand point. Alex Peppers obd-2.com software is really cost
effective against alot of programs.

Matt