[Diy_efi] water injection

Adam Wade espresso_doppio
Fri Sep 28 23:11:00 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Buck Williams" <buckwill33 at hotmail.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 2:26 PM
Subject: RE: [Diy_efi] water injection

> diesellsss doant jsut make more poweeer when all the avaalaiable air
> is used,,,it makes more ower when any moere fuel is injectedd,, if
> there isa enough available air,,, enoaugh evailable oxygaen to burn
> the extra fuel, thats why the urbo is used, add more air for the
> extra fuel,,,

That's another way of saying what I said.  :)  I left out the "extra
fuel" bit as implied, and of course it is always harder to get more
oxygen into the combustion chamber than fuel.  Our point is the same;
that you have a limited amount of power based on oxygen content (and
of course adding enough fuel to make good use of the oxygen); a turbo
gives you more air, so if you then provide more fuel, you make more
power.  With a naturally aspirated diesel, adding more fuel will cause
power to FALL when under 100% load.

|    Kawasaki Zephyr 615 (Daphne)     1985 RX-7 GSL-SE (Rex)    |
|    didn't matter what race or class the victims belonged to.  |
|               had come up again." -Kurt Vonnegut              |
|  Motorcycle Fuel Injection Hndbk. - http://tinyurl.com/2v5o97 |