[Diy_efi] Festivus salutations & idle engine power query

Avery Nisbet anisbet
Thu Dec 30 07:13:23 UTC 2010

BSFC is usually best were peak torque occurs. Some engines are
designed to have peak torque occur near idle(Saturn S series).  I
would assume the RB's peak torque occurs close to redline. Though I
know little to nothing about the RB30ET.  I have read a bit about the
RB25DET.

You would have to know the general shape of your torque curve to have
a better idea of how efficient or inefficient the engine is at idle.

-Avery