[Diy_efi] [off topic] performance meter app

Ben P benof1987
Wed Nov 9 01:09:39 UTC 2011

It's also feasable to have an advanced shift light function. Making the screen flash at appropriate user defined speeds could be useful as high powered cars will show wheel spin on the speedo. I had one car that could stay on the rev limiter through second gear, changing accurately to third was difficult at best..

From: benof1987 at hotmail.com
CC: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 13:54:40 +1300
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] [off topic] performance meter app

I really don't think knowing cd is important. Although cda can be (almost) directly measured with a couple of user inputs and I can output a graph of hp required to cruise vs speed (which is what you implied, no?)...

As for a tacho function, it would be easier to input gear ratios manually and teach the program to recognise shifts than to use any kind of audio feedback, unless you had an unfiltered alternator noise being played back loudly through an am radio. (we all know that happens on older cars...)

Thanks for all this feedback, I never realised just how much real useful data can be extracted just from an accelerometer and a mass input... This tool will quickly become the ultimate performance tool. I haven't seen some of these features on any previous app...