[Diy_efi] EFI Fuel Filters

Dan dzorde
Wed Nov 16 01:04:55 UTC 2011

I'm currently redoing the fuel lines/fittings on my '86 GM TPI system 350 chev, and something got me thinking.
?
I have nice 3/8" feed line and 5/16" return line with AN8 and AN6 fittings. There is then the occational metric fitting such as the TPI, fuel pump and fuel filter.
?
What has me wondering is the fuel filter as a possible flow constriction. The filter has M14 screw fittings with internal flare shape, yet the actual inlet/outlet hole inside the filter (in the flare taper is only 7/32" or 5.5mm ish). This is a OEM filter from an OZ Ford running 300+kw in factory form.
?
So I guess question is, why such small holes in the filter when fuel lines are generally much bigger, or could I have run smaller fuel lines to begin with as this is all that is needed ?
Is there a EFI filter that has?larger in/out holes, I scoured through the Ryco filter catalogue and this was the best I could come up with (that had screw fittings) ?
?
Thanks?? Dan