[Diy_efi] keeping electronics cool

jayjunk at laserpubs jaysjunk
Thu Nov 1 14:38:05 UTC 2012

Well, if nothing else, this brought out some interesting options!
We see fuzzy thinking sometimes - the term "heat sink" is misused soooo
often!

My "Corvair" has more space and more ventilation around the engine than
the Fiero, and I haven't had heat problems with the electronics. (at
least, not heat-related - yet?)
Still, next revision I want to give it an electric fan for the engine
compartment.
Right now, I have the ECU in the far back corner of the body - mounted
on foam rubber without any obvious cooling - hmmm....