[Diy_efi] Stepper Motor to drive mechaical speedo

Mike niche
Mon Oct 15 00:28:10 UTC 2012

In my own experience of motor controls, I'd go with that too, PWM drive
from a simple analog circuit, get the input from wheel sensor or on diff
or on tailshaft and feed a cheap dc motor which is coupled to the existing
speedo. If you want to can provide some feedback, that way it will be
more linear and rather more responsive. Ideally a small single chip micro can
do the job, provides more precise calibration and then you have option
to store data as well cheaply via a one wire digital out to a data logger etc
regards
mike