[Diy_efi] Projects

Goss Andy deuceefi
Fri Oct 19 02:31:40 UTC 2012

The processor in the ECU is a Freescale MC9S12XDP512MAL

I started the Deuce project in October of 2009 with a fiberglass
reproduction body, which included the doors, the trunk lid, the grille
shell and the frame rails.  I then started TIG welding the frame
together on a jig adding the frame boxing plates, a 1" lowering front
crossmember and then the center crossmember kit, which was originally
designed for a TH350 that I modified to fit the TH700R4 that I used.

The fuel tank is a Tanks, Inc. poly tank with an in-tank fuel pump.

The front axle is a 4" drop tubular axle with '49 to '54 Chevy
spindles with GM Metric calipers and Mustang II rotors.

The rear axle is out of a 1988 S10, it is a 4.10:1 ratio with limited
slip unit out of a pickup to which I welded on the mounting brackets
for the radius rods and the coil over spring/shock brackets.

The engine is from a 1996 Oldsmobile Cierra, it is a 3100 SFI 3.1L
engine which already had the cam position sensor and DIS ignition.  I
removed the accessories and the front timing cover and replaced the
with the front timing cover and accessories from a 1995 Chevrolet
Camaro 3400.  I then rotated the upper intake manifold 180* (it was
symmetrical) to point the throttle body towards the front of the
engine rather that the original FWD configuration of towards the
flexplate/transmission.  The FWD flexplate was removed and the RWD
flexplate from the 1989 Chevrolet Camaro 2.8L v6 was installed along
with the torque convertor and transmission from the same 1989 Camaro.
Before the transmission was installed behind the engine, the TCC
solenoid was replaced along with all the seals and clutch packs.

The radiator is from a 1965 Ford  Mustang that had a 6 cylinder
engine, which placed the inlet and outlet of the radiator in the
proper positions to match the inlet to the water pump and the outlet
from the intake.

When I welded up the custom headers, I installed oxygen sensor bungs
in both headers and currently the passenger side bank has an Innovate
Motorsports LC-1 wideband O2 controller with it's matching O2 sensor,
while the driver side bank has a narrowband O2 sensor which is not
connected to the ECU at the moment.

Well that's the tour around the Deuce as it sits now...

Andy

-----