[Diy_efi] [Diy-efi] Crimp connectors to join wires

Ben P benof1987
Tue Oct 30 14:38:08 UTC 2012

I need to find these crimp connectors in a batch smaller than 10,000, and preferably without the metal joining strip.

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v1/204163195/Length_5_3mm_Crimp_Terminal_lug_for.jpg

I find them extremely useful for adapting ecu plugs and wiring in stereos as even in large looms that have been completely severed (i.e. completely replacing a factory ecu with an aftermarket one without an adaptor loom, or dealing with a hacked engine loom from a wrecker) they add comparatively little to the bulk of wires.

Can someone tell me either where to get them (in Australia preferably) or at least what they are officially called? It's damn hard to order a part that none of the shops in Cairns even know exists...

Or if not, can someone recommend a crimp connector that ends up similarly compact? Normal spade or bullet connectors (and indeed anything with hard plastic insulation, I use heat shrink in tight spaces) need not apply.

Thanks
Ben