[Diy_efi] ILIOS for Uego

Steven Donegan donegan
Sun Jan 6 14:51:48 UTC 2013

Thanks for the pointers. The ultimate goal would be any controls are on the steering wheel and the display is a HUD - but the latter technology isn't quite there yet (lots of interesting progress though).

I have had a bit of time to work further on my toy - so it should be usable for the next race in May. It will be for a test, I'll still have my naviguesser/co-driver do the usual stopwatch things :-)

____________
Steven Donegan
SSCC/NORC Life Member, Car #86
www.sscc.us

--- On Sun, 1/6/13, Bill & Janet Washington <washfam at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

From: Bill & Janet Washington <washfam at optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] ILIOS for Uego
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Date: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 2:21 PM

    Steven,

        ??? Touch screens which can operate with normal gloved hands are becoming
            available:

            http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/a-touch-screen-you-donrsquot-need-to-take-your-gloves-off-for-2015689.html

            http://applestorevalencia.com/66321/apple-store-valencia/nokias-new-smartphones-have-touchscreens-that-work-with-gloves-video/

            Regards

                Bill

    On 5/01/2013 10:54 AM, Steven Donegan
      wrote:

            I have been working
              on this project for several years - a tablet would work
              dandy, but I don't do Java or that weird C variant the
              iPad does (and wouldn't want to have to deal with Apples $
              and rules for an app anyway). Android is better - as you
              can bypass the stores and do direct loads/testing. I am
              exploring that.

              However this is a hobby and the goal is what is important
              to me - that goal is having a tool customized for Open
              Road Racing (sscc.us shows what that is about). So at
              present the system that works is:

              Habey seriously dinky (5x5x1.5 inches) indrustrial fanless
              computer running Debian.

              picoLCD 2x20 LCD display with 16 key 4x4 matrix keypad
              (can be managed by gloved fingers - tablets/phones require
              conductive touches - nomex kills that idea real quick).

              Software in C which I have been doing since C first began
              so the coding is easy :-)

              Bluetooth connection to an OBD-II elm327 device and via
              USB to a 10 Hz/66 satellite GPS receiver.

              When it is in a state I feel comfy with I will gladly post
              it to the website if the moderator is willing to host it
              :-)

              Mid May is my deadline for it to be ready to race... as of
              this moment the GPS and display (and all the parsing and
              math involved) work, the keypad does not yet work and
              while I have OBD-II libraries I have not yet integrated
              them.

                Steven Donegan

                SSCC/NORC Life Member, Car #86

                www.sscc.us